Our aim is to make Furniture Palace a satisfying workplace with inspired leadership, people oriented policies and fun filled atmosphere. We firmly believe employee satisfaction is the key to success.
We are growing in dynamic dimensions; hence we are looking for people who will enable us to continue our success. We are looking for people who are passionate, adaptable, self motivated and team players to help us achieve our goal.
On this site, you will find out about the different roles we have available, the benefits and training that go with them, and how they will give you the chance to shape the future of our business.
WHY FURNITURE PALACE?
We believe in an open door policy and direct communication with employees. We believe in offering much more than just a job; we strive to give you a full fledged career. So to enhance this we provide superior training and the opportunity to work in different aspects of Retail and Service practices. Our training programmes will help you to improve on both Personal Excellence and Leadership Excellence.
In keeping with our vision to be truly world class in all aspects of our operations, our remuneration and benefits strategy is guided by the need to foster a high performance culture and maintain market competitiveness.
WORK CULTURE AT FURNITURE PALACE
We believe that employees have the right to voice their views. Suggestions are always accepted and welcomed. Your performance is evaluated on the extent to which you have contributed to the organizations goals and will be rewarded accordingly. It helps us identify and manage our high potential employees ensuring an internal pipeline of talent and securing succession to key roles. The focus on development and encouraging employees to seek opportunities which will enable them to stretch their talent and build their strengths.
If you are keen to have a promising career with Furniture Palace, you can send your CV & a recent passport size photograph to our official email ID: [email protected] clearly indicating the job position applying for.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
POSITION 1: SHOWROOM MANAGER
We are looking for a proactive and aggressive Showroom Manager. The Manager will Oversee the daily operations of the branch performance. Accountable for the branch to ensure all aspects of its activities are effectively and efficiently carried out – including sales & profitability, customer service, staff management & training, stock control, store merchandising and administration.
Key Duties and Responsibilities.
Sales Budgets & Profitability
- Ensure sales budgets for employees and the branch are consistently achieved and measured against budget and previous year.
- Monitor Sales team daily activities: Customer enquiries, maintenance of the Bay allocations.
- Closely monitor branch costs and resource optimal allocation and utilizations. Come up with ways to decrease costs/reduce wastage or misuse. Report on any losses/ misuse/ variances with recommendations on corrective measures.
Managing & Leading People
- Check and report on the staff daily attendance, document and address any issue with staff absenteeism.
- Conduct the performance evaluations for staff as required, provide frequent objective feedback to the staff and required recommendations to management: Probation evaluation, contract renewal evaluation, quarterly and annual appraisals, promotion assessment reports..
- Ensure staffs are continuously trained on product knowledge to enhance great output.
- Ensure staff are well motivated, groomed (wearing clean and crisp uniform), have their badges, tools of trade (tablet, tape measures etc).
- Maintain the showroom as a safe environment for staff and clients. Check on fire equipment’s, safety gear for staff, clear exits etc.
- Foster a conducive working environment for employees and outsourced staff. Handle staff conflicts and grievances amicably and promptly with fairness according to the laid down policies, processes and regulations. Ensure employees treat each other with utmost respect and professionalism.
- Manage staff rota- off days, leave days, overtime, public holidays.
- Check on the furniture display at the showroom, ensure each floor is fully stocked, attractively displayed and well accessorized.
- Floor walks to ensure items are properly tagged- prices, reserved, last pieces, damaged items.
- Stay abreast on upcoming trends and propose ideas on items to be requisitioned, displays for the showroom
Compliance- Policies & Processes & Reports
- Monitor the front desk operations
- Handle the showroom facilities. Check on repair & maintenance.
- Compile and send accurate the weekly, monthly reports and send to management.
- Ensure compliance at the branch
- Ensure implementation and compliance of the company & HR Policies, procedures by all employees at the branch. Seek clarification in case of any issue.
Stock Take & Pricing
- Conduct the monthly stock take exercise and send the reports to management without fail.
- Ensure high standards of customer service excellence at the branch. Handle customer complaints promptly to their satisfaction.
- Ensure all staff handles clients professionally at all times.
- Adept on product knowledge for all Furniture Palace & Big Save Furniture items in stock.
- Continuously come up with initiatives on how to provide a great and memorable shopping experience for our clients. Share the initiatives that are working well with other branch managers to see if they can be implemented across board.
Perform any other duties as may be required from time to time.
Key Skills & Qualifications
- At least two years working as an Assistant Branch Manager/ Supervisor in a busy retail environment.
- Bachelors Degree in Business or equivalent.
- Proven track record of meeting targets.
- Computer skills & Ms Office – Word, Excel, and PowerPoint required.
- 3-5 Years managing a team.
- Works well under pressure
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Creative Problem-Solving Skills
- Highly Analytics
- Great Interpersonal Skills.
- Meet the monthly target sets by the branch manager.
- Generate leads and pipeline to ensure the targets are met consistently.
- Communicate to clients whenever there is a promotion.
- Communicate with clients on whenever a product they were interested in becomes available.
- Client reception, visits, and advice:
- Meet and greet clients in the showroom, understand their needs, make presentations and advise them on products and solutions suiting their needs.
- With the support of the technical team, assemble furniture whenever required and do the required product demonstration.
- With the support of the designer or VM to prepare layouts and mood boards to provide customized solutions for the client whenever required.
- o Conduct client’s site visits and site measures whenever necessary.
- Client Quotations and order booking:
- Prepare the quotations according to the clients’ needs and specifications, send them to the clients and negotiate and follow-up with them till closing the deal.
- Confirm to clients availability of the item in stock.
- Invoicing and Delivery:
- Conduct and handle payments from clients, follow up with the front desk and warehouse manager to ensure delivery to the clients is done in line with the specifications and timeline established.
- If needed, solve issues arising during or after the delivery.
- Client Relationship Management:
- Build close and good relations with potential and existing clients, and do a proper follow up.
- Be the contact person for the client.
- Resolve efficiently potential problems with clients and coordinate internally for the appropriate solutions.
- Provide after sales services to get feedback from the customer on our service and product purchased.
- Forward and follow up any issues raised until resolved.
- Client database update:
- Provide the appropriate information to update client database.
- Payment terms, policies and procedures:
- Strictly follow the terms and conditions of the sales company’s policy frame and procedures.
- Share recommendations with the branch manager about procedural/policy changes and improvements in line with day to day operations.
Administration services and reporting:
- Ensure all documentation related to the clients is recorded and filed correctly; Prepare regular reports
- to be discussed with the management, and participate to internal sales and management meetings.
- Product knowledge training:
- o Attend all product training and ensure to retain 100% knowledge of the products stocked in this showrooms.
- Ensure to attain pass mark on assessments and training evaluations given.
- Attend to the bay allocated and ensure the display remains attractive.
- Assist to ensure items are correctly tagged in the showroom. Liaise with branch manager/supervision on wrongfully tagged items.
- Assist the VMs in making creative displays in the showroom.